Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Baby Shower "Book Card"

Gee - blogger's not really been nice this pass day and a half ago for me, I know I've missed a lot of your recent postings and I'm still trying to get caught up with Bloglovin.  But their are so many of you that are not hooked up with it.   My apologizes if I haven't commented on your postings recently.  I don't know if I'm the only one feeling stressed out by this or what.  Uugggh!  
Anyhow I have another lengthy post to share, I 've made another "Book Card" for my nephew's wife (Shari) and this is for her baby shower coming up in  a month.  I'm early doing this but my mom is going over to Oahu in a couple of weeks and she will be house sitting and taking care of my Aunt for two weeks while my cousin and hubby go on a buying trip for their business that they have there.   So much for that - back to my book card.   The ecstatic parents know that they are having a boy and this makes it even more special for them.  I wanted to create something different instead of just making an ordinary card.   When I made my first "book card" I knew that I already was going to be making more  of them, it doesn't take that long to start one.   It's adding the details and trying to figure what goes where, LOL!   Let me know what you think !
Because it's a book card, I wanted to show you all the different angles of it from front to back.   Note:  my camera battery kept blinking on me - battery low so that's why some of the pics didn't stand out that clear.  Is this adorable or what, I just love Mo's Digital images this is one cute baby.  Ooh the fun part was paper piecing the umbrella~














Supplies used:
Digital image - Mo's Digital Image (Baby Shower)
papers - Doodle Bug ( Alphababies)
sentiments - My Creative Time, My Craft Spot
Dies - My Creative Time, Taylored Expression, Spellbinders
Cricut - Create a Critter. giraffe cut at 3"
embellies - pearls, rhinestones, ribbons, pop up foam dots, bakers twine, buttons,eyelet
embossing folder - Cuttlebug

I hope this got you inspired and I'm so grateful for my bloggy friend (Sharon) for being my inspiration on this project.    Hugs to you girlfriend!

Enjoy your crafty moments and be back soon~

15 comments:

  1. blogger has been a pain.. it is driving me nuts.. your baby book card is adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just precious!!! The baby clothes and giraffe are SWEET!!!
    I absolutely LOVE it!!
    I am still having the same issue with blogger. I to am on bloglovin but not all the blogs show up... :(
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the super cutest!! Such a sweet design! Ugh I am so frustrated with Blogger! I feel like I am missing so much, and bloglovin is so slow! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous Book card,fab image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning! What a fabulous creation. I use Bloglovin to read all your blogs now - the person doesn't have to be on bloglovin for you to add their blog to your reading list. Just use the search engine at the top in bloglovin and then click and follow. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Shirl, this is amazing!! I love the design and all of the details!! It is just spectacular!! Super-duper fabulous my friend!! Love, love it!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible project, Shirl! Great colours and I love all the cute elements!
    Blogger appears to be behaving today! I can now see my entire reading list! Woo hoo! Wonder how long that will last!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is so precious. You did a fabulous job! The parents are going to be elated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful book card Shirl!!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw what a precious book card. Love the papers and that baby is just too cute. Have a creative day.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww this is Adorable. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this could not get any cuter if you tried!!! What a FUN baby card!!! I have never seen this type of card before and I just LOVE the way yours turned out!!!
    AWESOME job Shirl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this creation! So cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, how precious is this cutie pie!! Cute, cute, CUTE!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for stopping by and leaving
me some sweet comments. Hope you
come back and visit me real soon.
Have a Blessed Day~

Comment Counter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...