Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And Here's Those Invites!

Whew, I'm finally done! DONE!.  It started with just 200 invites, then they up it to 250.  Can you believe it I did 250 of those invites.... Would I do something like this again, hum I think if I had some help yeah!  Wow, I started first thing this past  Saturday morning, cutting all those CS in half 5 1/2 by 8 then I had to cut the metallic gray CS 4 x 5 1/4 for the front... Okay so my cutterpede straight edge trimmer took a beaten, Wait, now it was running  copies of the truck image.  Someone drew the image so all I had to do was figure it out
and run the copies so when I punch it out it would be all centered.... So with calculations  and measurements I had to put 12 images per sheet... THEN~  now we are talking Saturday afternoon, I had to color each and everyone of those truck images yes, 250 of them.  It was Saturday night and  I only finished 40 of those coloring... Now its Sunday morning, I back in my craft room scratching my head and thinking gee I still have 210 more to color oh boy it's going to take me all Sunday... Yes, it took me all Sunday until 9:00 pm that night...  In between I had to take several breaks and pay some attention to my poor HB.
Now we are talking Monday, got up early again and started to punch 250 each on the round and then another 250 scallop for the back of it a total of 500 punches... Yes my right palm of my hand is bruised..., now mind you after all that was done, it was time to bust out my Big Shot and embossed the metallic grey CS with the Diamond Plate.. Oh my, I thought I would never reach the ending of that stack.  It's already Monday afternoon and I had to type up the sentiment, yikes another 250 then I had to cut and tape onto black CS...  Of course in between  all of  this going onI still had to do my chores and cook for my poor hubby...Now we are talking Monday evening, it's putting on the embossing CS and tacking it on the front of  the invites....Went to bed at 10:30 pm - I'm pooped....
Got up at 4:00 am this morning, needed to make my hubby 's  lunch pack for work, he had to be at work 5:00 am this morning..  Okay so after he was off to work, went back into my craft room and just went like a machine and started to put pop up dots on the front image and on the sentiments,it  took the better part of the morning up until exactly 3:00 pm I was finally all done, done done!  It is boxed up and ready to be delivered tomorrow.... Hooray!
So this is how it all started:
250 each of the Red and Gray!



I know I missed alot of everyone's recent postings, I will try to catch up with my comments to you later this evening... I hope I still have the energy to get something posted by tomorrow or so....I spent three whole days/nights working on this project and I just wanted to get it out of the way.... So please bare with me!
Thanks for stopping and peeping in...
Will be back later after I figure out what I will be creating for my card .
Hugs to you all  - I missed everyone......

19 comments:

  1. Wow, you definitely deserve some R&R after doing all those invites! Great design, they look so cool... you did an awesome job on them Shirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! 250! That is a lot of invites! I have to make 30 and I am dreading it LOL! Nice work, glad you completed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Shirl!!! They look super cool. You now need some time at the spa...hehe! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! You are a very hardworking person. I love the detail of the tire tracks. Now go and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Shirl you have been busy you need a holiday after that lot lol.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. PHEW !!! Shirl, you sure did a wonderful job, so well done and they look really good my friend !!!
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh heavens, Shirl! That's a LOT of hard work, but they came out looking awesome!!! I'll give you a pat on your back and now you can take a break and get pampered. You've colored all those 250 trucks beautifully! I really take my hat off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly!! woman! you were super busy!! man, if i had to make that much invites i think it would take me atleast a month!! LOL... well done!! you deserve a break! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, wow, wow! i'm amazed! you did it in record time! they turned out great! now you can relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! You are a machine! I think the design is just perfect when having to make that many of them. Love the embossing! I think you deserve a vacation after all your hard work. Now I'm really dreading having to make 50 favor bags for my grandson,s Christening and I need to get started yesterday. Oh boy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow shirl.you deserve a medal after making all those invites.the design is fab :D
    you must have a lot of patience.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY TOLEDO Shirl, you've been one busy woman. Awesome invites....very masculine. You must be so relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow a lot of work..lol
    But they look wonderful:)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to make sure that I didn't miss this post and I can't believe what I'm seeing! Wow Shirl, you are amazing, super job girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY WORD!!!! Girlfriend, you definitely deserve a HUGE break after this!! What an awesome accomplishment! I can only imagine your arms probably felt like they were ready to fall off! They are FABULOUS!!!! Love the diamond plating embossing and you colored 250 trucks???? SHEESH! You're my hero!! Awesome job, Shirl! You're amazing!!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG that sure is alot of work. It must have felt good to be done, done, done! What a great job and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun and what a surprise it will be! Wonderful invites!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOLY MOLY, LADY...!!!! You are a card making MACHINE! 250 in four days...do the math... that's 63 cards per DAY! Plus all your regular day to day chores. The best part of it all is that the invites look FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a fantastic job! a lot of work but it came out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for stopping by and leaving
me some sweet comments. Hope you
come back and visit me real soon.
Have a Blessed Day~

Comment Counter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...